Thursday, May 24, 2007

A Bit of Finish

So, every once in a while I get to feel like I am accomplishing something. This is why I love knitting. At home I am surrounded by a lot of people who take up or grab a lot of personal space and I never get the house clean and I could easily go nuts... if it weren't for knitting. Knitting helps me feel like I am completing something. It helps me to feel like I can have a bit of beauty around me. I can feel creative and be nurtured at the same time. How cool is that?! So on that note, I finished some things...

Socks! Here are the Mad Weave socks from Sock Madness. It is a fun pattern, although I tinkered with it a bit...

Oh, wait... you wanted to see the socks! Is this better?

Here is the full on top view...

Lovely bit of cable down the side, don't you think?


I also finished something else. Well, actually I finished knitting it while on the Bobaknit retreat and somehow had the sensation of it going on and on forever, and ever and ever and...

But it is finished!!! I blocked it...

I just love the stitch definition and color of this yarn...

And finally, I think it looks absolutely beautiful on it's recipient... my mom!

My mom is awesome!

6 comments:

Victoria said...

Gorgeous job on the socks and the shawl. Love the pattern and the colors you chose for the shawl. Hey thanks for the comments on my blog! :-) Also, you little package for you know who arrived today. Safe and sound. The package to you know will be going out the first week of June 1st.

Abigail said...

I know how you feel with regards to finishing things. As soon as I finish something at home (cooking, cleaning, laundry) some one comes and eats or dirties it. The littlest one is expert at doing both at once. ;)

Nice socks and shawl!

Pikku- Kettu said...

Beautiful finished objects! I love the picture of your mom wearing the scarf, she looks so happy. :)

I also like the way knitting makes you feel like your accomplishing things while sitting still. I use it to justify a lot of time in front of the TV or just sitting in the sun on the balcony. I'm not being lazy, I'm knitting!

Jean said...

The socks are great. And the lace cashmere is divine! It's super nice of you to give that to your mom. She looks so chic with it!

Romi said...

Gorgeous! Your mom looks fabulous. :)

hannahbeekuhns said...

oh that darn lace cashmere. i need to pick it up again. eek! yours came out beautifully.