Friday, February 24, 2006

My People

I am still coming down from the "high" of attending Stitches West last weekend. It was unbelievably fun, inspiring and (ahem) costly. Okay, so I DID spend more money than I had planned. BUT I feel quite good about the purchases that I made. True, I now have a STASH (always stated to Jeni that I don't do stashes) but the qualifier is that It is a stash with purpose. Got some Socks That Rock from Blue Moon Fiber Arts. Some Alpaca from Honey Lane Farms (yummy soft!) for a vest, some more sock yarn from Hand Jive and finally a sweater kit from Philosopher's Wool. That one is something to look forward to. Current projects need to become a little more complete first. Plus, I need to start some socks! Here are some cool cuff ideas that I learned.


What was really great though were the classes. I was a little uncertain about spending money on such things (it could be used to buy yarn after all-) but every single class I took was well worth it and it was so fun just to sit around and knit with like minded sorts. We were able to share tips and tricks and it was so nice to know that I am not the only one who has the tendency to curse my knitting! This must be the real reason for the term "Stitch and Bitch...". Yes- my people.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Every Knitter must have a Stash. My work here is done. Muahahahahahaha!

Unknown said...

welcome to the blogosphere! You cannot resist the STASH. You will be assimilated....

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you in the 'blogosphere'.