Friday, March 13, 2009

It's Friday Again...

This will be quick, but I didn't want to forget that it's Friday!

So my favorite photo from this last week was taken at another one of our (OWC) charities, a home for mentally ill adults. My understanding is that they have a real hard time of it here in India and face a lot of prejudice and such. Although, I guess that isn't really so different from most other places in the world.

This is Gracie. I took several photos of her and she is one of those talented ones who knows just when to close her eyes- right when you are taking the picture. But I finally put the camera to one side of my face so she thought I was done taking pictures and... snap. I was able to get one with her eyes open.


Gracie is really something.

I always feel quite humbled and privileged to be able to visit these charities. Humbled as those who run them are the type who really pour all of themselves into their work and privileged as I am able to meet and get to know such amazing people.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: