Thursday, September 21, 2006

There and Back Again...



Well, a new life is to be had. I pulled out sock yarn last week. It might even look familiar to some of you. Yes, the lemongrass yarn is getting a new lease on life. Of course, after I had cast on and happily knit away at it I had a sudden thought that perhaps I did not quite cast on the correct number of stitches. Argh. (I know- tuesday was talk like a pirate day...) Oh well. They will fit my lovely petite eldest daughter who is now up in Washington and COLD.


Last weekend was the marathon driving to get her to college. Friday wasn't so bad. Isha was with me and so was cousin Pete. Pete is a photographer and wonderfully creative and as he was headed back up to Seattle to live again, he came along for the ride AND shared in the driving! So, I DID actually have some time to knit on the way up. We stopped in Portland to have dinner with a friend there and then drove the rest of the way to Olympia. Long day.


On Saturday I helped my dear daughter to move all of her stuff, and then more of her stuff, and then she needed some more stuff and somehow we got all of that stuff into her leeettle room. (do you see the yarn?!)

Amazing. Kind of like a reverse Harry Potter tent. Anyway, I was very very tired that day and really looking forward to the drive home (!). All by myself. With a non-working CD player (that is another story about another daughter...).

So Sunday I was wakened by a somehow cheery alarm clock at 7:00 a.m. While I somehow became vertical and pulled clothes on, Isha made me a PERFECT bowl of oatmeal and some french pressed coffee. I tell you, I must have done something right. good kid. 8:12 a.m. - I then got in the car and drove......................

There are a lot of crappy radio stations up and down the west coast. It was so bad I even listened to the bad rap/hyphy (I won't EVEN repeat some of the lyrics...someone would report me!) CD that is stuck in my CD player because of a somewhat inebriated moment that one of my "other" daughters had. (she shall remain nameless but she knows who she is...)

2:38 p.m. - BUT! Half way between Santa Clara and Olympia is ASHLAND! And do you know what they have in Ashland? they have good coffee. They have good restaurants. They have good bookstores. They have.... a yarn shop. Ahhhh. Pay back time. I enjoyed a nice meal stretched my legs and did a little bit of shopping. Not too much. Just some sock yarn. Only three skeins. Then I had to look longingly at the bag as I drove the rest of the way home.



9:32 p.m. I arrive home. Long day

No comments: