Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Dressed for dancing...

Well the sock is coming along and I am somehow getting it figured out. Of course I also realized that the heel pattern I am using was asking for 31 stitches on the heel needle and I have 32. I noticed this out about 1/3 of the way into it. Oh well. It will work out. I think that is what I like about knitting. There are rarely fatal mistakes. You can always either undo your work (I know, it's not always easy...) OR you can fudge your way through and make a better day of it. Today, I like fudge.

Life is going well. Isha said that the weather has been warmer up in Washington and she started classes today. The "boys" have been out of town for the weekend at a rocket launch in Nevada. These are held at the Black Rock Desert - Same place where they have the Burning Money - oops I mean MAN festival. Anyway, it has been pretty quiet around here this weekend and I haven't had to do much cooking either. Kinda nice! It is amazing when I thnk about just how much food those men folk eat! And meat! They seem to like their meat.

In the meantime, there has been much money spent in the last month on school tuition and now a new Irish Dance dress. Yes, Anna grew out of her old dress and as there were no (cheaper) "school" dresses available that fit her, we were placed in the position where we had to buy her a "solo" dress. But, we found one that fits her very nicely and the colors suit her well also. But it still hurts to spend a lot of money on such things. I am going to have to make do with the yarn that I have in stock for a while! But doesn't it look beautiful?!

Well I am off to go figure out dinner - either that or hide in my corner chair for a little more knitting time. I think I could get to the heel turn at least... No one will notice I don't think... Nah. They're oblivious ;)

No comments: