Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Dang. The Harlot and I are linked. I just read her post to her daughters (I laughed so hard!). My husband is also out of town/country. Although it is a bit strange, usually there are at least 5 or 6 teens around here (but we tend to attract extras- which is actually kind of fun) but this week it is awfully quiet. Isha went back to school on Sunday and won't be back for at least a few months (although this means that I will actually talk to her on a regular basis because she will call me to say "Hi.") Ygrayne and Giselle are visiting their mom and stepdad in DC and so it is just me and the three youngest kids - okay, okay, young adults.

It seems so calm, so do-able, so almost normal, and they are behaving so weird. I have witnessed, in the last 24 hours, the following:

Ari asking Conner to come with her to the store (for his company)
Conner and Anna "hanging out" on her bed, reading Anime books and listening to music.
Various children saying "Okay" when I ask them to do something,
and then actually doing it!


I am wondering if I should be checking for signs of the Apocalypse or something.

On another note: I just have to share the following photo. It is from Christmas, there were four of us knitting. Can you believe it? How cool is that?!

(from L to R: Danielle, Hannah, Pete "my non-knitting cousin" and Isha)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahhah! that's creepy = kids actually behaving. what you are feeding them? anna and conner are hanging out? WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
nice pics.. i would like to have these xmas photos sensei!!

Anonymous said...

i need evidence!! pics please

Cindy/Snid said...

unfortunately, I was unable to obtain photo evidence of these unbelievable activities. You will have to accept my testimony as proof...

I was very tempted though!

Anonymous said...

awwwwwwww...

cindy said...

Four Knitting...how cool is that!!!

Skinner's Drift is a good read if you like a bit of mystery and the South African scene.