Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Knitting Nuns on the Run

I know I promised to post photos today - alas, the camera was forgotten, BUT -Did you see this?!

Wow. I knew knitting could be a compulsive hobby and all, but this is too much.

The short version is that a group of 55 nuns from Greece are on the lam because of debt caused by their knitting venture. Oh yeah, and they are all named Maria.

I promise not to go on the lam if I rack up too much knitting debt, I will just hide behind the yarn (but, shush, don't tell!)

3 comments:

Isha said...

you'd better remember the camera next time....

I want photos of my cousin (first cousin once removed?), and LOTS of them.

Bogie said...

I heard that story on the radio last night. Apparently they misrepresented themselves when they applied for the business loan... lied? they lied? All for knitting??? Maria Maria Maria.

Cindy said...

Somehow I can't help but feel a little sympathy for them. I know I can get carried away with knitting related purchases at times...