Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Back to the future

Well we survived science fair. Don't know yet how the kids did yet- but now that it is over I can get back to MY life!


I did finish blocking the Wool Peddlers shawl. I used a red Cashmerino Aran and it is really a lovely huggy weight and feels like my own personal blankie. I am wearing it now to keep off he chill. Yum!

It has been hard to get any knitting done. It seems like all of my "quick" projects are done and I am now stuck in more meandering sorts of things. I am currently working on a sweater for my husband. Eek. He's bigger than I thought. I am using the Andean Silk from Knitpicks and am making a ribbed-cable cardigan from Interweave's Winter issue. Silly me, I thought that he would look good in black. Have you ever knit a black sweater? I hadn't before. MUCH harder to see your stitches. Oh well, it will improve my knitting by touch skills I guess. This project seems to be moving very slowly though. In some ways I like the pattern, but it has a very arhythmical rib pattern and combined with the cables it makes for slow work. I am just trucking along on it and some day I will get done with the back.

On a smaller note, I have also got my first official pair of socks going. Only on number one so far, but it is moving along. I am using the Nature's Palette yarn from Hand Jive. My only complaint is that the yarn color comes off a bit on my hands. My needles are also changing color!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a great picture of your shawl! Looks like you've got quite a bit more done on the Man Sweater. Keep on truckin'...