Thursday, March 23, 2006

Proud Mama

Knitting update.
I am actually doing finish work on my Moonlight sweater!

Two sleeves set in and easy-ish side and sleeve's to go, a few buttons, and I may even get to wear it while it's still chilly!
I am 30% (perhaps optimistic) done with my hubby's Ribbed Diamonds sweater.
I am about 40 % done with sock #1
I am enjoying knitting on the German Clock Vest.
I need to learn how to put one of those WIP sidebar thingys on my blog. Any tech advice out there?

My eldest daughter is returning for a visit this weekend. She is living up in Olympia, Washington and is getting ready to start school at The Evergreen State College next month. Cool school. I would have loved it when I was her age. But guess what, when she called yesterday, we talked about.... knitting! How cool is that! I guess she just finished a hat. Her own pattern with a bit of a swirl. I am such the proud mama! I will try to get a picture of it to post. Of course this means that she now has two hats, since I made her one and sent it up to her in January, which she STILL needs to take a picture of so that I can post it... hint, hint.
I will have to be sure to get her something while she is here to support her knititng habit. I am hoping I can talk her into coming to the knitting Meet-Up next week and hope that she can get some fun yarn... It's only fair since the straight needle holder that I use actually belongs to her ; ) It will be great to see her, I think that she is going to be really shocked to see the room that she shared with her sister and what it is now like without her. It is CLEAN!

Speaking of clean, I just had a gross out moment. I looked down at the keyboard that I am typing on. Ewwwww. Yuck. gross. there is quite an accumulation of stuff between keys and collected in the bottom-ever so gracious of you Apple-clear part of the keyboard. The keys themselves aren't actually too bad. Probably because all of the gross stuff is on the hands that are typing here. I'm not sure if I can take this apart and clean it, but I think I may have to do that before I type too much more....

No comments: