Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Et tu Conner?

Boy, it doesn't seem like I'm getting a lot of knitting done these days. I am too busy dealing with teenage traumas. I thought girls were bad- and they are at about 16. But boys! Ack. I am understanding the purpose of military schools. Mind you, I do feel for my son. He is somewhat surrounded by females, but I sure wish I could understand him more and get angry at him less. I too often find myself in complete shock at his behavior wondering "What in the *&%#! was he thinking!!!!" Ahhh. Knitting is my great escape. I'm ready for a retreat into myself and my own little world where everything is predictable, rhythmical and satisfying. Must be time to start a new project- or maybe finish an old one? (Now where did I put that pattern....)



I find that when I DO sit down with my knitting it helps me to stay calm- maybe just 'cause I'm distracted. I feel like my house really fell apart during February and now I have to deal with the post Mardi Gras recovery. This rain and cold is starting to get to me. I am ready for Spring and could really use some sunshine. Blah blah blah. And my favorite knitting spot has a spastic light bulb problem. One minute the light is on- then it's off- then it's on again. It's like a PMSing teenager. So I've moved. Now I am knitting in the family room- which maybe is better anyway since my husband is working at home and he always takes my spot (grumble, grumble...)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you need to come to the knitting meetup tonight in saratoga at 7pm ;)

Cindy/Snid said...

Ooh. tempting. Might have to do that...