Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Soft Escapes

Okay, I keep promising to tell you about the cashmere.

When at Stitches in February I found the most lovely cashmere. I told you all about it here. Well, I decided that it was time to pull it out and get started knitting with it. I thought that perhaps it would be a good escape from the overwhelming sense of frustration that I was having in other areas of my life. Excess stress = wanting to escape! I have never knitted with cashmere before. Oh my. I think I am in love. It is the most gorgeously soft, buttery stuff! Wow. A very nice distraction thank you very much! Now this particular pattern is very simple, yes it is lace weight and so can be called "lace", but really this is a simple easy knit. What do you think? Isn't it pretty?

Actually it is quite difficult to get a good picture of this project. I had another image that showed the stitch pattern very clearly, but it didn't have the SOFT look that this picture had- and after all cashmere is ALL about the softness, right? Right! So glad you agree...

I also received my sock Madness gift this week!!!!! Awesome, awesome. Yarn, stitch markers and CHOCOLATE. Dark Chocolate even. Totally made my day, especially since I had sort of forgot it was coming! I'm not sure what to use the yarn for yet, (well- except it will be socks- duh!) but once I find the appropriate pattern you will be the first to know! It is also very soft, "Blue Faced Leicester Superwash Wool." Does it get any better than that?


I still haven't finished my last round Sock Madness sock and now a new pattern is going to be released this week. I had really hoped to cast on with everyone else with this new pattern, but I will have to wait and see. I wanted to finish the last ones (Mad Weave socks) first!! Wahhh.

Now, on the spinning front. It is getting better. You all gave me some great suggestions and encouragement and I am working on it a little every day. Every day I relax a little more and find that my shoulders really can separate from my ears while spinning. Yes, I am discovering the "drop" in drop spindle, but the singles that are coming out the other end are looking a little more consistent. I have another class on Thursday so hopefully I will feel a little less overwhelmed with it all soon!

4 comments:

hannahbeekuhns said...

ughh.. the lace cashmere! :)
i'm so jealous. i should whip mine out and tell it's who's boss - thanks linda! i want to escape ..far far away.

SheepsPyjamas said...

Mmm, the cashmere looks luscious! Maybe we can see that pattern showing picture as well? It does look nice and snuggly...

I'm also having difficulty deciding about tomorrow's sock... Like you, I kinda want to join everyone else, but, well, I've got the lace bug and even though I'm just swatching, I can't stop, can't stop...

Jean said...

Ooooh, the cashmere lace is just gorgeous! I can see how that would be an all-consuming, delightful distraction. Is it stole sized? Or more like a wide scarf? I hope you're keeping it for yourself.

JillyB said...

Ooooo, your cashmere is so pretty! Nice colors too, it does look cuddly.